Friday, June 19, 2009

Details, details...

Everything seems to be coming together. I'm fighting the procrastinating side of myself that just wants to hang out and pack everything the night before I leave. It's going to take a bit more organization than that I'm afraid. My car situation is halfway solved. I have agreed to purchase Andrew and Crystals Subaru Outback station wagon. I think I'll call it "The Chick Magnet" because it so isn't. Once again the practical side is winning out in this decision. It will be a great car to take my stuff out in and I'll be able to haul youth around to random youth events. The housing situation is looking up due to the kindness and generosity of a couple from the church who have offered me some temporary housing until I get my feet under me.

The trip details are working themselves out as well. I only have to snag one hotel room (in St. Louis) as I have been able to line up places to crash er... sleep around Denver and Phoenix with help from some good friends. It's getting closer. Thankfully I won't be making the trip alone. My dad will be traveling out with me. It actually worked out perfectly. The plant that he works at (He's a machinist) has a mandatory shut down for two weeks over the summer. The shut down just happened to line up with my trip plans, so he's joining the adventure.

There are still a bunch of details that I need to figure out in relation to the move. I'm sure I won't hit all of them but I'm trying to relax and remember that eventually they will get taken care of. It's all good. I'm excited to go, sad to leave, and anxious (in a good way) to see what God has in store next.

2 weeks left.

No comments:

stats